Mission of St. Mark Deacons: To serve God by serving others, both within and beyond this community of faith, through ministries that provide support, care, love, compassion and prayer, following the example of Jesus Christ.
The Diaconate at St, Mark strive to serve the needs of all members of the congregation through the following ministries:
- Card Ministry: Express care and concern for members of Saint Mark through the sending of cards on behalf of the deacons for special occasions such as birthdays and anniversaries and to send occasional messages, such as notes of sympathy.
- Communion to Home-bound: Provide communion, upon request of members to those who are unable to attend church for long and short term periods of time.
- Deacon of the Month: Ensure that flowers are delivered to the appropriate individuals after each Sunday worship service.
- Fellowship: Maintain the church kitchen and facilitate those needs that is requested by the Session and/or families in times of crisis and jubilation.
- Hospital Visitation: Visit members of the church family who are confined to a hospital. The visit includes the offer of a prayer prior to &/or post surgery as well as any time during hospitalization. During other times the team members visit shut-ins at home as well as those residing in rehabilitation and nursing homes.
- Prayer Chain: Communicate via email and phone, requests for prayers from the St. Mark members to the St. Mark prayer chain.
- Stephen Ministry: Provide distinctively Christian, one-on-one, confidential care for people, who are struggling in some way, in their lives.